Cap and Gown Information
Regalia is purchased through the UNT Bookstore. Pricing and deadlines can be found at
https://commencement.unt.edu/regalia-prices-and-deadlines. Students may contact the UNT Bookstore
For more information on regalia, including descriptions, tassel colors, and hood trims, go to
Mean Green Gowns for Grads
If you are having issues with being able to pay for a cap and gown to walk across the stage at Graduation, we have a
program that can help! Mean Green Gowns for Grads is here to help alleviate some of the hardships of graduation
expenses for our students who may not otherwise be able to participate in graduation after working so hard for a
degree. Please visit https://deanofstudents.unt.edu/resources/mean-green-gowns-grads
Students are welcome to wear cords, stoles, medallions and other graduation accessories representing their achievements and
organizations they’ve participated in. The following is a list of some, but not all, common graduation accessories.
- Honors stole that denotes undergraduate Latin honors based on a student’s gpa. It is purchased at
the UNT Bookstore with an approval email from the Registrar. For more information on graduating
with honors click here.
- Honors College medallion earned from completing an award in the UNT Honors College, click here.
- UNT Veterans Medallion and Veterans cord from Student Veteran Services, contact 940-565-3813
- Lavender stole from the Pride Alliance, click here.
- Multicultural stole, Kente stole, and serape stole, click here.
- UNT Study Abroad graduation cord, click here.
- Cords, stoles, and other accessories from fraternities and sororities, academic groups, student organizations, and honor societies.
- Platinum cord for completing an internship, UNT Career Center, click here.
Contact your organizations to see if they offer anything for the commencement ceremony!