Information for Veterans and Military

Student Veteran Services Office (SVS)

The UNT Registrar’s Office, UNT Veterans’ Center, and the Hazlewood representatives are collectively located in the Student Veteran Services Office (SVS), located in Sage Hall Suite 236. The goal of the SVS is to provide our military veterans and their families with a “one-stop shop” for getting help with achieving their educational goals. Veterans and their families will be able to apply for benefits, request enrollment certification, apply for Hazlewood, and interact with other veterans at the SVS.

Contact Information

The UNT School Certifying Officials (SCOs) have offices in the Student Veteran Services Office (SVS). They are available to assist students with the certification process via telephone, email, and in-person Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00 PM. Refer to the contact information below.

Phone: 940-369-8021

Electronically: Submitting a case via Scrappy Says or scheduling a virtual appointment at

In-Person: Sage Hall (SAGE) Suite 236, located on second floor

Coronavirus Updates

For up-to-date information on UNT’s response to the coronavirus, please visit If coming to the campus, please review UNT's Guide for Returning to Campus.

UNT Certification Process for VA Educational Benefits

The UNT Registrar’s Office Student Veteran Service-Benefits team proudly serves over 1,500 servicemembers, veterans, and their families. Our school certifying officials provide ensure that eligible UNT students receive their Federal educational benefits by submitting certifications of enrollment to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs on behalf of the veterans. The school certifying officials are also responsible for enrollment certification and notifying the regional VA office of student schedule changes.

The school certifying officials will handle the following Veteran Educational Benefits:

  • Montgomery GI Bill® – Chapter 30
  • Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program – Chapter 31
  • Post 9/11 GI Bill® – Chapter 33
  • Survivors and dependents education – Chapter 35
  • Selected Reserve GI Bill® – Chapter 1606
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program – Chapter 1607

For more information about specific services, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page, reference our guides located on our Forms pages, or call our office at 940-565-8021. Access Veterans Benefits Forms

You can contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Office by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). Their website is

Students Called to Active Duty

For policy information concerning students called to active duty, please see the Academics section of the UNT Catalog.

Additional Resources

For questions about financial aid and scholarships for veterans, contact the UNT Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships by calling 940-565-2302, dropping by their offices in the Eagle Student Services Center (ESSC) or visiting their website at

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site at


Go to Scrappy Says website.

Questions? Scrappy has answers!

Scrappy Says is your online resource for help topics about course registration, records, financial aid, your student account and more. Find answers or schedule an appointment today!