The UNT School Certifying Officials (SCOs) have offices in the Student Veteran Services Office (SVS). They are available to assist students with the certification process via telephone, email, and in-person Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00 PM. Refer to the contact information below.
- Phone: 940-369-8021
- Electronically: Submitting a case via Scrappy Says or scheduling a virtual appointment at https://registrar.unt.edu.
- In-Person: Sage Hall (SAGE) Suite 236, located on second floor
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Refer to the Registrar’s Office Registration section for more information related to UNT registration.
Forms and Instructions
The following documents are published to better assist veterans and their dependents attending or planning to attend UNT.
The Instructions and Guides provide detailed information and step-by-step guidance for students who have never used VA educational benefits, used VA educational benefits at another university, and continuing UNT students.
Students are required to request certification each semester they wish to use their VA Educational Benefits. To request certification, students must submit the UNT VA Enrollment Certification Form and supplemental forms each semester they wish to use their VA educational benefits at UNT.
Forms may be submitted in-person, electronically via Dynamic Forms, or through fax. Our fax number is 940-565-3441.
Instructions and Guides
- How to Use Benefits (New Student)
- How to Use Benefits (Continuing Student)
- How to Use Benefits (Transfer Student)
- UNT VA Benefits Education packet
Enrollment Certification Forms
Certification is the formal process of reporting a student’s enrollment to the VA for payment of benefits. Each semester you want to use your VA Educational Benefits, you must submit the UNT VA Enrollment Certification Request form. There are two versions of the request form for UNT to certify your enrollment to VA: initial request for certification as well as request for recertification.
- If UNT has NEVER certified your enrollment to VA, complete the “Initial Certification” version of our request form. If attending UNT is the first time you have been in college OR you are a transfer student, you fall into this category.
- If UNT previously certified your enrollment to VA, complete the “Recertification” version of our request form. If you need to update your certification request for a given semester, use this version.
You may submit the request either by completing the electronic version of the form or completing a hardcopy in-person at Sage Hall 236. The electronic version allows students to upload documents to the form. If you submit the electronic version and are missing documents, we will “push” the request back to you, and you will receive an email notification. Please note any missing documentation may delay processing your certification request.
- Required Document Reference
- UNT VA Enrollment Certification Form - INITIAL CERTIFICATION AT UNT
- UNT VA Enrollment Certification Form - RECERTIFICATION
- Location form (study abroad, internship, student teaching, practicum)
VA Applications and Forms
- VBA 22- 1990 (Veterans' Benefit Application - Service member)
- VBA 22-1990e (Veterans' Benefit Application - for Family Member to use Transferred Benefits)
- VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training)
- VA Form 22-5495 (Dependents’ Request for Change of Program or Place of Training)
Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Congress has given each service the ability to pay up to 100% for the tuition expenses of its members. Each services has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application processes, and restrictions.
To use TA at UNT, eligible students must complete and submit our TA Enrollment Form to our office each semester they want to use TA. The electronic version is available below. We also have hard copies available in Sage Hall Suite 236.
The electronic version of our certification request forms allows students to upload any additional documents to their certification request. If for any reason you need to upload a form separately, please use the following link.