Update Your Personal Information

A student can change personal information relevant to his or her permanent record in the Records area of the Registrar's Office. Identification is required for all changes, and legal documentation is required in some cases.

Change Your Address

It is the responsibility of the student to provide correct permanent and present mailing address information at all times and on all documents at the university. Failure to do so constitutes falsification of information, a breach of the Student Code of Conduct. Any student who changes his or her mailing address must notify the Registrar's Office immediately.

You may change your address with the Registrar's Office in one of the following ways:

  • Go to the Registrar's Office, Eagle Student Services Center, room 147, or
  • Call 940-565-2378 - be prepared to give your name and student ID number or
  • Use My UNT (my.unt.edu) to verify your current address information and to submit a change of address. For step-by-step help with My UNT, see My Help for Students.

Please remember that apartment addresses must include apartment numbers. Students living in dormitories must provide UNT box numbers.

Change Your Name

Most name changes are a result of marriage or other legal matter. To make an official name change a student must provide identification and legal documentation of the change. An example might be a marriage license or divorce decree. The Records department must make a copy of the original document before submitting the official change to the university.

Change Your Social Security Number or Student Identification Number

Most students are identified with their social security number. If a change of social security number is required the student will have to show a photo id and the original social security card with the correct number on it.

Additional Resources

For more information, contact the Registrar's Information Counter by calling 940-565-2378 or visiting Eagle Student Services Center (ESSC) Room 147.

Access to your personal information is governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Read more about FERPA.