All students must apply for graduation by the deadline. Important Deadlines are located here.
To proceed with your graduation application follow these instructions:
- Login to MyUNT and from the homepage click on the “Academic Records” tab and then click on “Apply for Graduation”. The "Apply for Graduation" link will be visible, even if you may not be eligible for graduation at this time. Please see your academic advising office for more information.
- Verify your program, degree, and major. If your specific program, degree, and/or major is not listed in MyUNT,
contact your academic advising office.
- Select your anticipated graduation term. Only terms for which we are accepting applications will be displayed.
Graduation term is either the semester degree requirements will be completed, or any semester after final degree
requirements have been met.
- Enter your name as you would like it to appear on your diploma and in the commencement program.
Please double check for typos - your name will be printed exactly as you entered it.
- Verify/update your mailing address. This is the address that will be used to send you important
graduation/commencement updates (pre-graduation), as well as to send your diploma (6-8 weeks after graduation).
- Check your UNT email for a notice that your application has been reviewed with notes from your advisor.
- Check the status of your application. In your MyUNT under the “Academic Records” tab, check the status of your application by clicking on “View Graduation Status”. The status of your application will be across from your degree and major.
Status Description Eligible to Apply for
You may be eligible for graduation at this time Applied for Graduation You have successfully applied for graduation In Review Your application for graduation is currently in
Pending Please contact your advisor about your
Denied by Advisor Your graduation application has been withdrawn Approved Application for graduation has been approved Denied Application has been denied
- For more detailed instructions, click here.
APPLYING TO GRADUATE DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOUR DEGREE WILL BE AWARDED.
Degrees are awarded at the end of each semester if the graduation application is approved
and all degree requirements are met by the end of that semester. Undergraduate students
are encouraged to review their degree audit and complete a degree check with their
Graduation applications for master's and doctoral degrees are processed through
Toulouse Graduate School. For further information regarding graduation applications and
processes call (940) 565-2383 or visit tgs.unt.edu.
Withdraw Graduation Application
When undergraduate students no longer wish to graduate or applied in error, they may request for their graduation application (s) be withdrawn.Once an application is withdrawn, students must re-apply for graduation online. Download the Request to Withdraw Undergraduate Graduation Application Form. To withdraw a graduate graduation application, contact the Toulouse Graduate School.
What to Expect After You’ve Applied
Applications are reviewed during the semester applied for. Emails about the application status are sent during the middle and end of the semester. Once approved, an email will be sent with graduation information, final requirements, and additional notes. Please make sure to check your UNT email for updates.
Information on commencement will be sent either by mail or email approximately one month before the ceremony.
The awarding of degrees will begin after final grades are official, typically the following week after the end of the semester. Once awarded, degrees will be posted to the UNT transcript, and a diploma will be ordered on the student’s behalf and mailed to the student’s address type “mailing”. Students should make sure their mailing address is up to date.
Graduating students needing an official transcript may order an official transcript online during that semester and select, “Hold For Degree.”