What Happens if I Withdraw from the Semester (Drop All Classes)?

Dropping classes or failing to complete and pass registered hours may make you ineligible for financial aid. You must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements to maintain eligibility for financial aid as defined by the UNT Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. For more information on UNT's SAP policies, please visit Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) page.

In addition, if you drop below half-time enrollment you may be required to begin paying back your student loans. Please contact financial aid directly as your situation may vary.

If you officially withdraw, cease attendance or are administratively withdrawn from UNT, federal regulations require post-secondary institutions to calculate the amount of federal financial aid funds earned during the term from which you withdrew. It is possible you will owe a repayment of unearned financial aid funds to the university if you cease enrollment prior to the sixty percent (60%) completion point of any enrollment period for which you received federal financial aid funds. All financial aid funds will be canceled if your withdrawal is prior to the first day of classes or if you never attend.

To Withdraw from the Semester (Drop All Courses)

Students wanting to withdraw from the semester (drop ALL courses for the semester) must do so at the Dean of Student's Office. Dean of Student's Office Withdrawal Information.

Students wanting to withdraw from the semester (drop ALL courses for the semester) PRIOR to the first day of the term, can do so via myUNT portal.

Students receiving financial aid must also contact Financial Aid and Scholarships before dropping a class or withdrawing. Students receiving student loans may be required to complete loan exit counseling with a financial aid counselor before they are permitted to withdraw. Loan exit packets may also be mailed to students.

Additional Resources

For more information about tuition adjustments, please visit the Tuition Adjustments page. 

For instructions on using the EIS Student Center for Registration, please refer to the Help for Students page.

Questions? Scrappy has answers!

Scrappy Says is your online resource for help topics about course registration, records, financial aid, your student account and more. Find answers or schedule an appointment today!