Dispute a Grade

For undergraduate students:  Any student who believes a grade has been inequitably awarded should first contact the instructor who awarded the grade to discuss the issue and attempt to resolve the differences. If the instrutor and the student are not able to come to an agreement, the student has 30 days from the first day of the term following the semester in which the grade was earned to file an appeal with the chair of the instructor's department. 

University policy requires that departments retain tests for one year after the term/semester has been completed or return tests to students. If the tests are returned, students are responsible for producing the tests should a grade appeal be necessary.

For more information regarding grade appeal procedures, please see the Undergraduate Catalog

Additional Resources

For more information about how to appeal a grade or addressing incorrectly recorded grades in a student's academic record, please see the Academics section of the UNT Catalog.