As always, the Registrar's Office is ready to assist you! All transactions can be done via self-serve with the exception of documents requiring authentication. Information can be found in our services table below.

I want to... How to... Form For more information please go to...
Update my personal information To update Date of Birth, Gender Marker, Social Security Number, Mailing Address, or Legal Name, please provide notarized copies of legal documentation substantiating the change or correction.  Change or Correct Records form Update Personal Information
Update my Chosen Name To update Chosen name, please complete the Chosen Name Form. Chosen Name Form Update Personal Information
Withhold or release directory information Complete the Directory Information Withhold/Release form. Directory Information Withhold/Release Form Withhold or Release Personal Information
Authorize the release of my records to a 3rd party Complete the 3rd Party Release via myUNT. Directions to authorize release. myUNT Directions to Authorize Release
Change my residency status Review residency reclassification requirements at the Registrar's Website.
If you believe you meet the requirements or have questions relating to residency for tuition purposes, submit an Ask Now question via Scrappy Says and a Residency Counselor will follow up with you in 3 to 5 business days. If you are a new student who has never attended classes at the University of North Texas, and feel your residency status is incorrect, please contact the Office of Admissions, Eagle Student Services Center, Room 305, 940-565-2681.
Residency Core Questions Form Residency Information
Use my VA benefits Once you apply for your education benefits and receive your Certificate of Eligibility, contact our School Certifying Officials at 940-369-8021 and select option 1 (Veteran Benefits) at the phone menu. Veterans Benefits Form Veterans - Frequently Asked Questions
Register for classes Currently active students can register for classes online through your MyUNT. Select Enrollment then Class Search and Enroll. To see when your registration begins check the Academic Calendar. myUNT Registration
Submit meningitis immunization requirements Students new or returning to UNT who will be younger than 22 years old by start of the semester must show evidence of receipt of an initial bacterial meningitis vaccination (meningococcal meningitis vaccine) dose or booster in the last five years and at least ten days prior to the first day of the semester in which the student initially enrolls. Students should upload a copy of their meningitis immunization, or a petition for immunization waiver (if you are exclusively an online student) to their MyUNT portal.

How to Upload Your File:
1. Log into myUNT
2. Click on the Tasks tile
3. Click on "Meningitis Documents Needed" in your To Do List to upload your files
Acceptable evidence includes:
- The signature or stamp of a physician or their designee, or public health person on a form which shows the month, day and year the vaccination dose or booster was administered
An official immunization record generated from a state or local health authority
An official record received from school officials, including a record from another state
Immunization Requirements
Cancel my classes (all classes before a session/term begin) Students can cancel their courses for future terms before a session/term through myUNT myUNT Canceling Classes
Drop all of my classes (all classes after a session/term began) To drop all of your courses from a session or a term AFTER the term begins, you must go through the Dean of Students Office. Request should be submitted to Withdrawals
Drop one class with a "W" (but not all of my classes) Student can drop a class with a W online starting the day after census for the session until the withdraw deadline for the session.  myUNT Dropping Classes
Reinstate a class I dropped You have five business days from the drop to request to be reinstated into your class.  Complete the Request to Reinstate Dropped Class form. Request to Reinstate Dropped Class Form Dropping Classes
Order an official UNT transcript Instructions for ordering your official transcript online can be found on the Registrar's Website. To check on your order, please follow the link on your order confirmation email or visit the Parchment Support Website. Order Transcripts Online
Get an enrollment verification UNT student enrollment verifications are supplied by the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).  Third parties such as health care companies, prospective employers, or
insurance agencies seeking verification of enrollment may contact the
NSC online.

Current and former UNT students may request their own enrollment verification/certification through a direct link in MyUNT - instructions can be found on the Registrar's Website. For additional forms of certification, students may use the Certification Request Form.
myUNT Enrollment Verification Certification
Apply for graduation
To submit a graduation application go to your MyUNT and select Academic Records. If it is past the deadline, please contact your academic advisor for a late graduation application. To check the status of your graduation application please log onto your MyUNT and select Academic Records, then View My Graduation Application.
myUNT Conferral and Graduation Application
Withdraw my graduation application
When undergraduate students no longer wish to graduate or applied in error, they may request for their graduation application(s) be withdrawn. Once an application is withdrawn, students must re-apply for graduation through Complete the Request to Withdraw Undergraduate Graduation Application to the right.

If you are a master or doctoral student please contact Toulouse Graduate School Graduation Services at
Withdraw Graduation Application Conferral and Graduation Application
Update my graduation application to a new term If you are an undergraduate student please contact your academic advisor to update your graduation application. If you are a masters or doctoral student please contact Toulouse Graduate School Graduation Services at Undergraduate Students - Academic Advising

Graduate Students -
Undergraduate Students -

Graduate Students -
Change the name for my diploma Students may change the name for their diploma on their MyUNT when viewing the status of their graduation application. If you are making a legal change to your name, please follow instructions at Update My Personal Information. myUNT Applying for Graduation Online
Apply for the $1000 Tuition Rebate
Undergraduate students earning their first bachelor's degree should submit the application during their final semester before graduation. Program requirements can be found at the link on the far right. Complete the application on the right to begin the process. The application can also be found at the web address on the far right. Students will receive a letter no later than 60 days after graduation.
$1,000 Tuition Rebate Application $1,000 Tuition Rebate
College for All Texans $1,000 Tuition Rebate
Have my B-On-Time Loan Application for Forgiveness filled out Fill out the top portion of the application on the far right. Submit the application by attaching it to the submittal form on the right. Your completed application and official UNT transcript will be sent directly to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THEBC) by UNT.

Students can submit non-UNT transcripts directly to THECB address on the application. Contact THECB directly at 1-800-242-3062. They can offer guidance on when and how to make payments, as well as offer assistance should you encounter trouble repaying your state loans.
Texas B-On-Time Submittal Form


Texas B-On-Time Application

For more information about the Texas B-On--Time Loan Program visit the links below:

UNT Texas B-On-Time Loan

Loan and Scholarship Programs

Comptroller Texas B-On-Time Loan

Order a new diploma or academic certificate Complete the Duplicate Diploma/Certificate Order Form. Diplomas are delivered in four to six weeks. Duplicate Diploma/Certificate Order Form Order Diplomas


myUNT: Access the student portal by logging into For assistance in navigating myUNT go to Help for Students.

Order a transcript: Order a UNT transcript online.

Registration: The Registrar's Office provides assistance relating to MyUNT, registration and resolution of student schedule problems. For Registration Instructions and information, please refer to the appropriate online Schedule of Classes listing

Enrollment Verification/Certification and Statements of Standing: Students may request official verification of enrollment, classification, degrees received, and academic status for business employment and financial aid purposes. 

Student Records: Records personnel assist students in updating personal information, computing grade point averages, information regarding excess hours, course duplications, incoming transcripts and academic standing. Students may inspect their permanent records with proper identification during academic status counseling.

Residency for Former and Continuing Students: Information is provided to students who want to determine eligibility to qualify as residents of Texas for tuition purposes.

Veteran Certification: The Registrar's Office is responsible for enrollment certification and notifying the regional VA office of student schedule changes.

Graduation: The Registrar's Office is responsible for working with UNT's Colleges and Schools to verify, approve, and post all student awarded degrees.

Withhold Directory InformationStudents may request that directory information be withheld from the public as appropriate. See Public Information Policy and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act for additional information.

Registrar Forms: View complete listing of all student forms.

Questions? Scrappy has answers!

Scrappy Says is your online resource for help topics about course registration, records, financial aid, your student account and more. Find answers or schedule an appointment today!